You are here
Hours and Directions-Museum is closed Mondays and Major Holidays
Red Skelton Museum of American Comedy
20 Red Skelton Blvd.
(for GPS use 100 W. Portland Ave.) Map
Vincennes, IN 47591
(See detailed driving tips below)
Hours: Tuesday- Saturday 10:00-5:00 and Sunday Noon-5:00
Museum is closed on Mondays and major holidays
The museum offers guided and self-guided adult and school tours.
Reservations are preferred for all group tours. One week notice is required in order to receive the group discount. Tours are approximately 60 minutes and are available Tuesday-Saturday. To book your tour call our Museum Store at 812-888-4184 or the Vincennes/Knox County VTB at 812-886-0400
Adults $8 Seniors $7 Students $5 Group Tour rate $6 School groups $3
The First Sunday of every month is Summers Sunday in honor of Dr. Phillip Summers, with free admission for all guests.
The museum is accessible for guests with special needs. To arrange for accommodations, speak to a member of the staff prior to arrival.
DRIVING TIPS FOR VISITING THE
RED SKELTON MUSEUM OF AMERICAN COMEDY
· Vincennes is located at the junction of three (3) main Highways in Indiana. They are N/S Hwy 41, N 67 and E/W Hwy 50.
· Hwy 67 merges with Hwy 41 approximately one mile N of Vincennes city limits. Hwy 41 is interchangeable with 6th Street entering the city at the first stop light.
· Traveling from the east, Hwy 50 splits, stay right merging into Hwy 41. Continue merging right lane toward the 6th Street Exit ramp.
· Traveling from the west and crossing the Red Skelton Bridge proceed, exiting right on ramp and merging with 6th Street.
· Traveling from Illinois on Old Hwy 50, crossing the Memorial Bridge, on Vigo Street, continue to 6th Street then turn left at the stoplight.
· 6th Street is the friendliest connecting street to the Red Skelton Museum. It runs N/S within Vincennes.
· Traveling from N or S of city look for the St. Clair Street stop light intersection. From North turn right. From South turn left. Continue four blocks to 2nd Street turn right.
· One block on the left is Red Skelton Boulevard. Look to your left at second building “ The Red Skelton Performing Arts Center.
· The Museum is located on the circle drive and parking is available in the lot across the street.